J’s Fruit Pie Delightful Bite
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- half cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 sticks of butter + 1 tbsp.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 cup strawberry
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 sticks of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, and butter in a mixer and knead until smooth.
- Transfer the dough on a flat surface and knead for 10 more minutes
- Combine strawberry and blueberry with honey in a blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour the berry mix in a bowl, add cornstarch, stir, pour in a pan and cook on low heat for 5 min (this helps keep the fruit together to prevent running over when placed on the dough) and set aside.
- Flatten your dough, use a small bowl or cup to cut out flat pieces (desired size).
- Lay each flat dough on a kneading board and flatten out with your hands
- Add cream cheese and fruit, cover with another flat dough and shape with a fork as desired to seal the edges of the dough
- Repeat the process until complete and wash the top with egg and butter mix
- Arrange in a greased baking pan and bake for 30 min on 375 degree.
- you can stick a toothpick inside the dough to make sure it’s completely cook, or when the top turns golden brown.