Nigerian Meat Pie is a very popular snack that is very easy, yet tricky to make. Guests never turn down meat pie offer, so if you know how to make it, you are a star of the people. I have broken down the steps the easiest way I could below, and you can refer back to the video or message me with any question or concern. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog as well. Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.
Meat Pie INGREIDENTS:
- 2 tbsp.. butter
- 2 lbs. beef
- half cup diced red onion
- half cup diced carrots
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 1 tbsp. Maggi (bouillon)
- half cup water
- 1 tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3 raw eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
Pie Filling directions;
- pour butter in a hot pan
- add the meat and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- add salt and pepper and stir
- add onion and carrot, stir, and add potato
- add Maggi (bouillon), stir for 2 minutes and add water
- cover and cook for about 25 minutes
- add 1 tbsp. flour and stir until it thickens, then set aside.
Dough making directions;
- Add all the dough ingredients together in a mixer and knead for 15 minutes
- Transfer the dough to a kneading or hard surface and knead for additional 10 minutes
- Cut the dough into desired sizes
- Use a roller to flatten each dough and set aside
Meat Pie Making directions;
- Lay a flat dough on a flat surface, add meat pie fillings, and fold in halves
- Arrange dough in a greased baking pain
- wash the top of each dough with egg white (it gives the meat pie a golden brown look)
- Bake on low heat (about 350 degrees) for 25-30 minutes
- You can check for doneness by cutting the meat pie in the middle to visualized the inside.
- Your Nigerian meat pie is ready for your taste bud at this point, ENJOY!.
- 2 bell peppers – any color
- 4 Organic eggs. https://www.sprouts.com/ have the best organic eggs I’ve ever tasted.
- 1 medium avocado
- Half cup freshly sliced parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive
- Salt and pepper to taste (black pepper used here)
- Cut the top and bottom of bell peppers, remove the stems, scoop out the seeds and membranes and discard. Cut each bell pepper in halves or into three places (mine was 5 total from 2 bell peppers) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Arrange the bell peppers on the heated skillet.
- Break 1 egg inside each bell pepper (5 total), add salt, and pepper on each bell pepper and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip each bell pepper upside down (to cook the top of the eggs if you hate over easy eggs) and cook for another 10 minutes.
- garnish with freshly sliced parsley and avocado and as shown on the pictures and enjoy!.
P.S; this Breakfast Stuffed Peppers is the best and super light breakfast recipe you’ll ever eat, and it is super low in carb which makes it a keto compliant food as well.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- half cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 sticks of butter + 1 tbsp.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 cup strawberry
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 sticks of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, and butter in a mixer and knead until smooth.
- Transfer the dough on a flat surface and knead for 10 more minutes
- Combine strawberry and blueberry with honey in a blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour the berry mix in a bowl, add cornstarch, stir, pour in a pan and cook on low heat for 5 min (this helps keep the fruit together to prevent running over when placed on the dough) and set aside.
- Flatten your dough, use a small bowl or cup to cut out flat pieces (desired size).
- Lay each flat dough on a kneading board and flatten out with your hands
- Add cream cheese and fruit, cover with another flat dough and shape with a fork as desired to seal the edges of the dough
- Repeat the process until complete and wash the top with egg and butter mix
- Arrange in a greased baking pan and bake for 30 min on 375 degree.
- you can stick a toothpick inside the dough to make sure it’s completely cook, or when the top turns golden brown.
Leftover Turkey Stir Fry
Baked pulled turkey (quantity varies)
1 cup spiraled zucchini
1 cup spiraled carrot
1/2 cup leaks (green onion)
1 curry stock (Maggi)
I teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour coconut oil in a hot saucepan on medium heat
- add leaks and ginger and fry slightly for about 2 minutes
- Next, add zucchini, carrot, and turkey. Stir thoroughly until contents evenly distributed.
- sprinkle curry stock, salt and pepper , and stir.
- fry for 5 more minutes (avoid over cooking the veggies). Allow your Leftover Turkey Stir Fry to cool, serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a very simple to make recipe that is extremely healthy, delightful, flavorful, and takes less than 20 minutes to make.
You can find curry beef stock at https://www.walmart.com/ in the Asian aisle
Homemade Fruit Ice-cream
half cup fresh strawberry
half cup fresh blueberry
half cup heavy cream
Extra: 1/3 cup of strawberry and blueberry
combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy smooth. Pour content in a plastic container and freeze for 4 hours. Do not over freeze because you want the ice cream to be as soft as it can be in order to get the most fresh taste out of it. After 4 hour, serve your delicious homemade fruit ice-cream topped with the remaining extra 1/3 cup of strawberry and blueberry. This fruit ice cream is the perfect keto ice cream recipe you’ll need to get you through sugar craving times. No added sugar, and best of all, its super low in carb. Try to use fresh fruits as much as possible (not frozen) in order to taste the freshness. This homemade fruit ice-cream served about 6 people at one given time.
Again, most of my organic fresh fruits comes from https://www.sprouts.com/
Homemade Fish Spaghetti
1 pound Raw spaghetti (16 oz., 454 grams)
3 fillets salmon
5 large fresh tomato
3 small habanero pepper – optional
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon beef stock
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup dice red onion
1 teaspoon curry
salt to taste
- Soak spaghetti in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and set aside
- Blend tomato and habanero pepper in a blender and set aside
- place a saucepan on medium heat and pour in olive oil
- Pour diced onion to the hot oil and stir for 3 minutes
- Stir in ginger and garlic for 3 additional minutes
- Then add salmon, cover and cook for 7 minutes, take salmon out, shred, and set aside
- add blended tomato to the saucepan, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Next, spice it up with beef stock, curry, and salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes
- Place the shredded salmon, stir thoroughly until the salmon and other ingredients are evenly distributed. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent from burning.
- Allow to cool, serve and enjoy!
You can purchase spaghetti in bulk from https://www.samsclub.com/sams/
2 lbs fresh whole tomatoes
3 medium habanero pepper
1 lbs Spicy boiled meat (beef)
1 tbsp beef stock
1 cup diced red onion
1 tsp curry
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 tbsp olive oil
- Place the tomatoes and habanero peppers in a blender and blend until smooth and set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a hot saucepan, add diced onion and fry until brown,and then add ginger and stir for one minute.
- Pour in the blended tomatoes, stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add curry and meat, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Let the stew cool, serve on a bed of rice, potatoes or yam, over cauliflower rice, with fufu, or with bread if you’re not on keto diet.
Tomato stew is keto compliant depending on what you eat it with. You can eat it with cauliflower rice, on a bed of fresh grated cabbage, or any green leafy veggie if you are on keto diet.
Perfectly Baked Turkey
16 lbs. whole turkey
3 sticks of celery (sliced)
3 large fresh carrots (sliced)
5 medium halos (peeled and sliced)
2 cups red onion (sliced)
1 cup ginger (minced)
1 cup ginger (minced)
2 sticks of butter (melted)
2 tablespoons tomato stock (powdered)
salt and pepper to taste
- in a small bowl, add melted butter, salt, pepper, and tomato stock. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix celery, carrots, halos, onion, ginger, garlic.
- wash and pat dry turkey with paper towel. Pour number one in a flavor injector and inject the flavor into all corners of the turkey and rub a good amount inside turkey and on the outer skin.
- carefully pack number two inside the turkey’s belly, thighs, and every open area. Raise the skin on the thigh areas and pack both thighs carefully.
- Line the turkey pan with any left over of number two. Let turkey sit for about 3 hours, place in the oven and bake for about 5 hours and be ready for a mouth full of deliciousness. This perfectly bake turkey recipe is the best you’ll find on the internet guarantee.
Perfect Cranberry Sauce
12-ounce fresh cranberries
1 Cup sugar or honey
1 whole Halo peel
2 tablespoon water
Pour half of the cranberries in a bowl and the other half in a saucepan. Add sugar or honey, halo peel, and 2 table-spoon water to the saucepan and cook on low heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, this should take about 7-10 minutes. Stir in the other half of cranberries and add salt and pepper to taste. Let it cool to room temperature, serve and enjoy!
This cranberry was purchased from https://www.target.com/
2 lbs shrimp
1/2 cup red bell pepper (diced)
1/2 cup tomatoes (diced)
1/2 cup red onion
1 cup sliced parsley
Half Avocado (sliced)
1 tbsp heavy cream
Half stick butter
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
Salt to taste
- place butter in a hot pan
- Add salt and onion and fry for 1 minute
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add red bell pepper and fry for 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes
- Add shrimp, cover, and cook for 5 minutes
- Add heavy cream, stir for about a minute, add sliced parsley, cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado, serve, and enjoy!