Nigerian Meat Pie is a very popular snack that is very easy, yet tricky to make. Guests never turn down meat pie offer, so if you know how to make it, you are a star of the people. I have broken down the steps the easiest way I could below, and you can refer back to the video or message me with any question or concern. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog as well. Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.
Meat Pie INGREIDENTS:
- 2 tbsp.. butter
- 2 lbs. beef
- half cup diced red onion
- half cup diced carrots
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 1 tbsp. Maggi (bouillon)
- half cup water
- 1 tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3 raw eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
Pie Filling directions;
- pour butter in a hot pan
- add the meat and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- add salt and pepper and stir
- add onion and carrot, stir, and add potato
- add Maggi (bouillon), stir for 2 minutes and add water
- cover and cook for about 25 minutes
- add 1 tbsp. flour and stir until it thickens, then set aside.
Dough making directions;
- Add all the dough ingredients together in a mixer and knead for 15 minutes
- Transfer the dough to a kneading or hard surface and knead for additional 10 minutes
- Cut the dough into desired sizes
- Use a roller to flatten each dough and set aside
Meat Pie Making directions;
- Lay a flat dough on a flat surface, add meat pie fillings, and fold in halves
- Arrange dough in a greased baking pain
- wash the top of each dough with egg white (it gives the meat pie a golden brown look)
- Bake on low heat (about 350 degrees) for 25-30 minutes
- You can check for doneness by cutting the meat pie in the middle to visualized the inside.
- Your Nigerian meat pie is ready for your taste bud at this point, ENJOY!.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- half cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 sticks of butter + 1 tbsp.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 cup strawberry
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 sticks of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, and butter in a mixer and knead until smooth.
- Transfer the dough on a flat surface and knead for 10 more minutes
- Combine strawberry and blueberry with honey in a blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour the berry mix in a bowl, add cornstarch, stir, pour in a pan and cook on low heat for 5 min (this helps keep the fruit together to prevent running over when placed on the dough) and set aside.
- Flatten your dough, use a small bowl or cup to cut out flat pieces (desired size).
- Lay each flat dough on a kneading board and flatten out with your hands
- Add cream cheese and fruit, cover with another flat dough and shape with a fork as desired to seal the edges of the dough
- Repeat the process until complete and wash the top with egg and butter mix
- Arrange in a greased baking pan and bake for 30 min on 375 degree.
- you can stick a toothpick inside the dough to make sure it’s completely cook, or when the top turns golden brown.