Crunchy Fried Citrus Chicken
Mildly Crunchy Fried Citrus Chicken
2 pounds chicken drumsticks
1 whole fresh orange
1 whole fresh lemon
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp powdered beef stock
2 cups coconut bread crumbs
Coconut oil (for frying)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry chicken and place in a bowl.
- Add melted butter, garlic, ginger, beef stock, salt and pepper, and squeeze in the orange and lemon juice.
- Rub all the ingredients on the chicken, cover, and let it marinate for one hour.
- Dip each piece of chicken in coconut bread crumbs and cover the entire surface of the chicken with bread crumbs
- pour desired amount of coconut oil in a hot pan and arrange breaded chicken in the hot oil, fry – stirring occasionally until golden brown
- Serve and enjoy your Mildly crunchy citrus fried chicken.