Almond flour is a nut flour made from a blanched (no skin) almond. It is low in carb when compared to regular all-purpose or wheat flour. It’s low carb quality makes it a popular substitute for baking. In a keto or other low carb diet World, almond is very common baking must have ingredient. Almond does not rise when used for baking because it is gluten-free. This is where psyllium husk powder comes in handy. Psyllium husk powder helps almond bind to liquid and help the dough stick together making it easier to use for baking. Almond flour can be used for various types of foods. Below is an example of one of those foods.
2 cups of almond flour
7 raw eggs
7 tbs butter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp psyllium husk powder
A pinch of salt
2 tbs stevia (or sugar) this is optional.
- Mixed and the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Whisk egg and butter until creamy.
- Pour the egg and butter mixture onto the dry mixture and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan and bake on a medium to low heat for about 30-45 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool, lay it flat on a cutting board, slice as desired and enjoy