If you love seafood, chances are that you have eaten snail. Snail is not one of those things that you commonly find in stores, especially in the United states, but if you live in the continent of Africa or from one of the Asian countries, you should be familiar with snail. There are different types of snails, this particular type is very common in west Africa. This type can be crunchy or tough depending on how you make it. The one I am about to show you was made with coconut oil, and yes snail is keto complaint.
- snails (I used about 5 pieces here)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Ginger (minced)
- Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped pepper
- Break and wash snail thoroughly (super slimy) I used lime to wash mine, but you can also use vinegar.
- Pour the coconut oil in a hot saucepan
- Add salt and onion and stir for about 1 minute
- Add ginger and garlic to the onion and cook for another 1 minute
- Add the snail, cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender or dried depending on how you want the texture
- Serve and garnish with fresh pepper and onion. Enjoy!